The Causes of Eye Bags and How to Help Them
If we had £1 for every time someone asked why we get eye bags and how to help them we’d have almost £19 by now. With a plethora of men’s beauty care products out there, it can sometimes be difficult to pick out what will tackle dark and pillowy under-eyes. Thing is, due to lifestyle and genetics, you can’t avoid them. However, you can help them with a few lifestyle and grooming changes.
Lack of Sleep
This is perhaps the most common cause of dark circles and puffiness around the eye area and even if you are using an eye cream for men, you are likely to still carry some extra baggage if you’re not sleeping. Of course getting more sleep is easier said than done. Try some of our tips for a better night’s sleep:
1. The soft blue lighting from a tablet or phone can hinder your sleep so switch to reading a book or listening to a fun podcast before bed instead of scrolling on social media or watching something.
2. Look for hidden caffeine. Did you know that chocolate contains a small amount of caffeine? On top of your daily coffee habit, this can hinder your sleep. If you are craving something sweet post dinner try a Medjool date or Greek Yoghurt mixed with honey and berries.
3. Chamomile tea is reputed to help induce sleep. Sip on this an hour before bed.
4. Regular exercise helps you sleep better, but not too close to bed time as the adrenaline keeps you awake. Aim to finish your gym session 3 to 4 hours before you go to bed.
5. Lower your lights a couple of hours before you sleep as this signals your brain to make melatonin- the sleep hormone.
“There’s absolutely no harm in eating healthier”
There has been some talk in the world of wellness that suggests boosting your intake of antioxidants and hydrating foods can help reduce dark circles.
There’s absolutely no harm in eating healthier, so try adding 1/4 cucumber to your daily salad. It’s rich in vitamin K. Watermelon is also made up of approximately 92% water so it’s a powerful hydrator.
Snack on slices of watermelon or make a delicious juice to perk up your afternoons.
Eye Cream for men vs eye roll-on
When it comes to looking for an anti-wrinkle eye cream for men (or regular eye cream for men), we recommend one that dispenses from a roller ball.
The motion of this helps massage away puffiness and helps improve skin texture too.